Professional Awards give us a unique opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of our colleagues. Through these awards, we recognize the special educators who have advanced the field and the quality of special education service, as well as CEC members whose contributions have moved the Council forward in significant ways.
2016 Award Winners
- Teacher of the Year: This award honors a MCEC member who currently provides direct services to students with exceptionalities and whose work exemplifies the best in special education teaching.
- Business Award: This award recognizes a business or corporation that has provided for the employment and enhancement of individuals with exceptionalities in order to promote and support their full participation in the community.
- Public Service Award: This award recognizes an individual who has who exhibits unwavering dedication to supporting children, youth and adults with exceptionalities.
- Special Education Research Award: This award recognizes an individual or research team whose research has made significant contributions to the education of children and youth with exceptionalities.
- Outstanding Leadership Award: This award honors a CEC member who has made significant contributions to the Council’s programs and activities at the local, state/provincial and national/international level over an extended period of time.
- Special Education Lifetime Achievement Award: This award recognizes an individual who has made continued and sustained contributions to the education of children and youth with exceptionalities.